Monday, December 10, 2012

Sock Bun Tutorial

A Few of MY Favorite Things...Day 1: The Sock Bun

Here is one of my absolute favorite things... The SOCK BUN! I am obsessed with this hairdo because it is so easy and looks so put together. I always get so many compliments when wearing this 'do. Once you get the motion down, your hair will be done in less than one minute. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself! My hair "donut" was purchased from Claire's for about $4 here. They have blonde, brunette, & black for all you dark-headed ladies.

Step 1: Put your hair in a pony tail. I did a high pony because it's easier to demonstrate and easier when you're first learning .
Step 2: Get out your donut (or sock with the to cut off)
Step 3: Slide the donut through your pony leaving about 2-3inches of hair poking out. I like to pull my pony out in front of me to start out with because my hair has layers & when I hold it straight up in the air, little hairs fall everywhere and that is no fun.
Step 4: The hair you have poking out, start fanning it out over your donut to cover it. You don't want your donut exposed!
Step 5: Now begin tucking the hair underneath the donut. This can be the tricky part so be patient. Practice makes perfect. But really, I promise!
Step 6: Put your thumbs at the bottom of your donut on each side where you just tucked your hairs and pull with your both index fingers on the top of the bun on each side "rolling" it down your hair. Each roll I reposition my fingers back to where they started to keep it nice and tight!
Step 7: Baby bun! Aw, isn't she cute?
Step 8: You're almost there!
Step 9: Viola! You can keep your hair smooth and sleek or play with it a little and pull the hair out a bit to add some volume.

Please comment or let me know if you have any questions! :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment