Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Favorite Lip Products

A Few of My Favorite Things...


Day 3: ChapStick, Dior Addict Lipstick, Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipgloss, & ULTA Super Shiny Lipgloss.

For some reason I am always testing out new shades and types of lipsticks, lipglosses, and tinted lip balms. At the end of the day, these 4 things will always remain my favorites and I always keep them stashed in my purse to ensure I never leave home without them.

Regular ChapStick

Reason I Love it: I always have ChapStick on wherever I am. I always apply it before lipstick too, because I hate when my lips look dry.

ULTA Super Shiny Lipgloss

Why I love it: It's super Cheap. ULTA has sales all of the time on their own products like buy 1 get 1 free. This particular shade "20 Poppy" is gorgeous. I love coral lips and this one gets the job done! It also isn't sticky which is a major plus in my book for a gloss.

Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipgloss

Why I love it: It has a minty scent and feeling when you apply on your lips. It is smooth and creamy and not sticky at all. The color "Streak" is a neutral color, the same shade as my natural lips. So, it just enhances for the most part, nothing too drastic. It is also long lasting and a little bit goes a long way. That is why I don't have a hard time splurging on this product because I know it is well worth it. I think it's better to find one gloss you love and spend $20 on it, rather than continually purchasing drugstore lipglosses that you're unhappy with. When you think of it this way, you'll end up saving money in the long run anyways. Just something to think about!

Dior Addict Lipstick

Why I love it: I think I have had this pretty lady for a few years now. When I first bought it, I was unsure if I liked it and two if it looked good on me. Red lipstick can be tricky and can easily look bad on you if you don't pick the correct shade for your complexion and even your outfit. I love this one though! It is my only go to red lipstick now. I have tried on other ones in Sephora and ULTA and none of them live up to this one. It is slightly shimmery so it's perfect for the holiday season and even summertime when my skin is a few shades darker from the sun. Obviously this color isn't for everyone, but I'd recommend going to Sephora (or any store that carries Dior) to test out some shades and see what is best for you. Although this is a mega splurge in my book it has already lasted me a few years and I haven't even made a dent in this tube of lipstick.

Where to buy these fabulous items:

ChapStick: $cheap at your local grocery store
ULTA lipgloss: $8 at ULTA stores or online here
Urban Decay: $19 at Sephora or ULTA stores or online here or here
Dior Lipstick: $30 at Sephora or online here



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oo I really like the Dior one on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! You should try it out on your next Sephora trip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of our mink Brazilian hair is from one donor, double machine weft, Tangle free, Long lasting 1-2 years with good care. Natural Black color 1B. All cuticles are going same way, very soft, silky, and smooth, 100% Human hair Unprocessed.Bundles With Closure

    ReplyDelete